spooky's world

Monday, December 12, 2005

What Kids Teach You.

I am a father of two. Twins. They just completed 7 months. Your life is very different upon becoming a father. I'm in my mid 20's and most of my friends standards I was early for many things. Including marriage and now having kids! More on that later.

I took time off from my work today to be with the family. Most of the time was spent on arranging my study room which is also our makeshift store room. However I did spent lot of time with the kiddos too. And trust me it was fun. They have this amazing ability to relax you and really make you do crazy things.

However several things crossed my mind. First was their die hard attitude of not giving up. At seven months they have just started sitting down, although they are still not stable once they do that. At times when they do sit they just loose balance and fall backwards. You loose your breath for while watching that! Fairly hard hit mind you. At other times they just fall flat on their face! Of course all this happens in the bed, but then again at their age when muscles are not fully developed it will be hard I'm sure! They cry from time to time, guess it hurts at times too. But the key lesson learned was that they just don't give up. They try to sit up again. As the laws of the universe rule, they do sit up. And they simply enjoy that process. I believe that is because kids haven't learned from us as to how to say no!

What about us. We as parents are certainly concerned and worried about their well being. However even we want them to succeed. Being first time parents we are very concerned! But deep down in our hearts we wanted them to succeed. We always count the number of days till they actually sit down. We always anticipate their success.

When they crawl it's no different. They get down but they get up again. We never keep them down!

How does it all differ when we become bigger? What changes us? I did think about it long and hard. I came up with two reasons.

1. Until the age we start going to school we tend to actually learn, to think creatively, learn the ropes of life and to think! But from the day we step in to the school we are told what to do. It is all pre-determined. We get all comfortable with the process. We tend to accept what is right and wrong.

2. Society plays an important role too. People around us, whom we associate wait until we fail. They'll tell us one hundred and one reasons why we should not do something. At the very first instance you go down, they'll jump at you. Next time around you even think of doing something they'll you why you will not succeed in that.

Isn't this too common in our society.

Guess what? Those who have succeeded in life are those who have defied this common rule.

So what do I think of all this? Time to change and practice it!

"When the going gets tough the tough gets going"

"I might get down but I get up again, you are never going to keep me down"

1 Comments:

  • Hey man, I stumbled across to ur blog. Great now i can keep upto date on whats happening with u.
    Prasanna

    By Blogger Prasanna, at 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home